Sports Medicine Articles and Information
Keep Informed, Stay Healthy
At AESM, we are dedicated to providing you with up-to-date information about physical and mental health in Toronto and from around the world. We want you to be as informed, healthy and active as possible. Please peruse this health and fitness information section often, as we are constantly updating our info and articles.
Health Related Newsletters
Sign up for any of the following newsletters to keep up with the area of sports medicine and fitness that you are most interested in.
- Coming shortly
- Bullying and hazing in sports. Let’s call it what it is: abuse
- What to do about the emotional eating that can lead to weight gain
- How to avoid passing out in the heat
- Concussion III – Treating concussions
- Concussion II: Diagnosing concussions
- A primer on the basics of concussions
- All-inclusive resorts ought to be banned
- Trendy athletic therapy may not have any benefit
- Some simple exercises can help prevent knee injuries
- New Year’s Resolution: Exercise should be medicine, not fun!
- Can exercise help fight the flu? Some surprising answers
- Smog is a killer, so protect yourself
- Performance Enhancing Technology – fair or foul?
- Do I really need an MRI for my aching back or knees?
- Preventing head injuries is about more than just helmets
- Doctors still underdiagnosing childhood obesity
- Winter, snow shovelling and heart attack
- Alternatives to surgery for treating knee osteoarthritis – the sequel
- Alternatives to surgery for treating osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic surgery for arthritis not useful
- Pre-participation heart tests save lives
- Experts agree: Don’t stretch before you exercise
Metacafe – The Video Entertainment Engine
The Weather Network
The Globe and Mail
- Managing head injuries with baseline testing
- The lessons of one young hockey player’s pain and denial
Get Health and Sports Fitness Updates via Twitter
Follow members of your AESM team on Twitter to get news, info and opinions right away.
Please visit the AESM Toronto Community and Charity page to learn about the events and activities that we are proud to be involved with.